If you’ve been trying to get pregnant for more than a year, then chances are you’ve started worrying about what’s wrong and how to fix it. It’s usually not just one thing. There is no magic pill. The answer is a combination of components.
Most of the clients I see have complicated cases with multiple layers, disrupted hormones and imbalances throughout different systems. The cases are not simple because if they were then they’d be pregnant by now and they wouldn’t need my help. With complicated cases, it takes a combined approach and a team of fertility experts.
Find Your Fertility Team
1. General Practitioner (GP)
The first step is to go to your GP and have the basic blood tests. This will show you if you have the right balance of sex hormones and if you are ovulating. The problem with your regular doctor is that they are not specialised in fertility and will only be able to help you a limed way.
2. Western Medicine Fertility Expert
The next step is to get your doctor to refer you for further tests and to see a fertility expert. An experienced gynaecologist will be able to help diagnose your condition. Western medicine is excellent at testing, diagnosing, surgery and putting synthetic drugs into the body, but it is not good at balancing systems and helping the body to fix itself.
3. Natural Medicine Fertility Expert
Next find a natural medicine fertility expert who can work with your western diagnosis and test results to measure the effectiveness of their own treatment. It might be a nutritionist, homoeopath, Chinese medicine practitioner, or functional medicine practitioner. They will use their own methods of diagnosis, get to the root of your condition and support your body to fix itself. This is the beauty of natural medicine, but how do you find a practitioner that is a fertility expert?
4. Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Fertility Expert
Do your research and find a practitioner that actually specialises in fertility. Working with a practitioner who doesn’t solely work with fertility clients is like just relying on your regular doctor instead of going to a gynaecologist. Here are some questions you can ask them before working with them:
- Do they specialise in fertility and only see clients for fertility?
- How long they have been in practice?
- What qualification do they have?
- Are they licensed and do they have insurance?
- What membership bodies are they part of?
- How many hours of continued professional development do they do each year?
- Have they ever had a disciplinary incident?
- How do they work in collaboration with other practitioners?
- How are they different from other fertility experts?
- What are the exact steps that they will take to help you get results?
- Have they helped other couples in your situation?
- When have they not been able to help someone?
- What is their success rate?
5. IUI OR IVF Clinic
If you need to go for IUI or IVF, then don’t skip steps 3 and 4. Getting to the root of your fertility problem and fixing it before you spend all that time and money on IVF is vital to improving your chances of success. HERE’s How To Choose An IVF Clinic.
6. Questions To Ask An IVF Clinic
If you’re paying for IVF yourself, then you want to spend some time making sure that the IVF clinic is right for you. HERE is a list of Questions To Ask An IVF Clinic.
You might not get much choice with deciding on what western medicine fertility experts to work with because it largely depends on what hospitals and clinics are in your area. But you have a lot of choices when it comes to natural medicine fertility experts.
Remember that there is a vast difference between the competency of practitioners and the results to expect. That is why I’ve spent the past year finding the best fertility experts to work with.
The NEW Plan Yourself Pregnant Team Of Fertility Experts
Last year we started working with one of the country’s most experienced Chinese medicine herbalists and got some incredible results. This year it will be even more powerful with a wealth of experience, multiple qualifications and systems that work.
I‘m thrilled to announce that we have a new Plan Yourself Pregnant Team Member. She is a top-class nutritionist and functional medicine practitioner who specialises in fertility. I am beyond excited to have her on the team and work with her to help clients get pregnant faster.
I’d love to hear from you. Let me know if you’d like to be one of the first to get support from our amazing new team.
Lic. Ac., Lic. Tui Na.
I help women get pregnant and have healthy babies, even when they've been told they have a 0% chance.
Whenever you're ready...here are ways I can help you.
1. Join the Plan Yourself Pregnant Facebook group. In our closed Facebook group you'll get fertility tips, research and inspiration. It's private so only the women in the group will know you've joined.
2. Join the Plan Yourself Pregnant Membership. Get your Personal Plan and the exact steps you need to take to balance your hormones, improve your womb lining and increase your egg quality.
Not sure? Apply for a Discovery Session.