If you’re worried about what the coronavirus pandemic means to your fertility and pregnancy plans, then you’re not alone.
To say that we are in a unique situation is an understatement. Most of the world is in lockdown right now.
What Does Lockdown Mean For Your Fertility?
- Non-essential NHS tests and treatments postponed.
- Fertility clinics have closed, which means no IVF or IUI.
- Natural fertility practitioners stopped working, so you won’t be able to get fertility acupuncture, reflexology or abdominal massage.
- Gyms, swimming pools, yoga, dance and exercise classes have shut down.
- Social distancing means you can’t socialise with your friends.
- Limited food supplies change what you can eat to boost your fertility.
Watch this video to learn:
- How coronavirus affects pregnancy.
- Your plan to get pregnant – and the 3 choices ahead.
- Resources to support your fertility plan.
The following guidance is taken from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
What Affect Does The Coronavirus Have On Pregnant Women?
“Generally, pregnant women do not appear to be more likely to be seriously unwell than other healthy adults if they develop the new coronavirus.
It is expected the large majority of pregnant women will experience only mild or moderate cold or flu-like symptoms.”
What Affect Will Coronavirus Have On Babies?
“There is no evidence to suggest an increased risk of miscarriage.
Initial reports from China showed no evidence of the virus passing from the mother to the baby during pregnancy or birth. However, on the 26 March, there was one case.”
In all reported cases of newborn babies developing coronavirus very soon after birth, the baby was well.”
Why Are Pregnant Women In A Vulnerable Group?
“Pregnant woman were placed in a vulnerable group by the Chief Medical Officer on 16th March… and advised to reduce social contact through social distancing measures.
Based on the evidence we have so far, pregnant women are still no more likely to contract coronavirus than the general population.
What we do know is that pregnancy in a small proportion of women can alter how your body handles severe viral infections.
As yet, there is no evidence that pregnant women who get coronavirus are more at risk of serious complications than any other healthy individuals.”
Your Plan To Get Pregnant
There are three choices about how to move forward with your plan to get pregnant:
1. Stop Trying To Get Pregnant And Take A Break
This is a good option is you have a lot of time, you’re under 30 years old, you don’t have any underlying issues that need addressing and you’re happy to sit it out and wait until the coronavirus pandemic is over.
2. Stop Trying To Get Pregnant And Focus On Optimising Your Fertility
This is a good option if you don’t want to waste any time, you’re over 30 years old and you have fertility issues that need addressing, like a condition such as PCOS or endometriosis, or you have irregular cycles or painful periods.
If you choose this option you can carry on improving your fertility, so that when you’re ready to get pregnant naturally or with assisted method like IVF, then your body is ready, your eggs are the best quality they can be, and you have a conceivable cycle.
3. Carry On Trying For A Baby And Self Isolate When Pregnant
This is a good option if you’re ready to get pregnant now and you feel informed about what it would mean to be pregnant during the pandemic.
Online Resources To Help You Improve Your Fertility During The Coronavirus Pandemic Lockdown
We have lots of ways that we can support you online.
Online Facebook Community
You can join the no cost Plan Yourself Pregnant Facebook Community. This is where you can connect to like-minded women who are also trying to get pregnant. You’ll get support, resources and connection.
5-Day Fertility Challenges
Since you’re likely to have more time at home, you could get access to our no-cost fertility challenges to improve egg quality, eat for fertility and reduce stress.
Acupressure For Fertility
Now that you can’t go for acupuncture or any bodywork – you can empower yourself to improve egg quality, womb lining, ovulation and implantation, with the Acupressure For Fertility home study course, with point plans for each phase of your cycle.
Discovery Session And Fertility Analysis
If you’re ready to optimise your fertility and want customised support to do this – then apply for a discovery call. We’ll do a no-obligation and no-cost Fertility Analysis to support you to get clear on why you’re not pregnant and give you some recommendations to support you with your next steps.
I spend 2-3 hours working on your fertility analysis, so please only apply for this if you’re serious about wanting to optimise your fertility now.
Wherever you’re at, whatever you need right now, I’m here for you. You don’t have to do this alone at home by yourself. Reach out, send me an email and let me know what you most need right now.
Take care, stay safe and well.
Lic. Ac., Lic. Tui Na.
I help women get pregnant and have healthy babies, even when they've been told they have a 0% chance.
Whenever you're ready...here are ways I can help you.
1. Join the Plan Yourself Pregnant Facebook group. In our closed Facebook group you'll get fertility tips, research and inspiration. It's private so only the women in the group will know you've joined.
2. Join the Plan Yourself Pregnant Membership. Get your Personal Plan and the exact steps you need to take to balance your hormones, improve your womb lining and increase your egg quality.
Not sure? Apply for a Discovery Session.